Almost half of all adults take a repeat prescription, but 40% of medication isn’t taken as directed. This costs the NHS billions in waste each year. Echo’s mission is to remove the barriers to adherence through elegant, user-focused design and technology.
We’re looking for a Product Designer who has experience working with customer-facing mobile apps.
This role would join our small (but well formed!) product/design team of 5, utilising design to solve problems and help craft the best mobile healthcare experience.
Your work will help us continue to push the boundaries in patient-centred design and provide an industry-leading product that improves the health of our users.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has several years experience designing consumer-focused tech and know the ins and outs of iOS and Android.
- Strong portfolio of mobile based projects and interaction design.
- Understands the value of design is more than just how it looks.
- Is no stranger to fast-paced agile environments with cross functional teams.
- Has a keen eye for detail, but know how to rapidly solve problems.
- Is willing to give and receive honest, constructive feedback.
- Can communicate design concepts effectively to all audiences.
- Can experiment and validate your ideas and opinions with data
You should have experience with:
- Prototyping tools (Principle, Flinto, Framer, etc)
- Working in multidisciplinary teams (you’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers.)
- Conducting research, workshops & usability studies.
- Highly competitive package
- 25 days annual leave
- Apple equipment
- Weekly fruit basket and healthy snacks
- Monthly team socials
Echo makes prescriptions painless. Through our revolutionary app patients can order NHS repeat prescriptions, get medications delivered straight to their door, and even get reminders when it’s time to take them too. It’s secure, simple to use, and, most importantly, free.
Our founders, Sai and Stephen, started Echo back in 2015 in response to their personal frustrations with the process of getting repeat medications.
We’ve come a long way in just a few years. Today, we now help tens of thousands of people get their repeat prescriptions — making their already busy lives that bit easier.
Our customers are our number one priority. We pride ourselves on giving them the best possible service. Nothing motivates us more than when we get amazing feedback from the people using Echo to manage their medication.
We won Start-up of the Year and best HealthTech firm at the 2016 Elevator Pitch Live awards, and app of the year at the 2016 Healthcare Start-up awards. We’re also a proud member of Tech City UK’s Upscale class of 2017.
Echo is backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, including LocalGlobe, the leading early-stage VC that previously backed TransferWise, Lovefilm, Osper, Improbable.io and Zoopla.
We’re growing fast and are on the lookout for talented professionals who are passionate about improving health for millions of people in the UK. Are you up for the challenge?