Pharmacy Technician / Dispensing Assistant
We’re looking for UK-qualified dispensary assistants (NVQ2) and pharmacy technicians (NVQ3) to work with us to help build the future of medication supply and adherence.
Are you frustrated with how pharmacy works today? Come and be part of the future! We want to help you develop as well as improving the experience for our patients and customers.
Echo is a successful and cutting-edge mobile app that people use to manage their NHS repeat prescription ordering. We’re looking for people to help make sure that we can dispense prescriptions, manage stock, and communicate with patients. To this end, you will be working closely not only with the dispensary team to ensure dispensing excellence, but also with our Operations Team to communicate with our users to deal with their clinical questions in conjunction with our Clinical Director and our team of Pharmacists.
We are a tight-knit unit, and everyone here at Echo is also working towards improving the product and experience every single day. You’ll have constant opportunities to feed into our ongoing systems improvement and the opportunity to liaise not only with our Pharmacy and Operations team, but with Product/App/Engineering teams to shape and develop our internal IT tools. We also work with teams in NHS England and NHS Digital to ensure our tech and services fit into the broader digital health system.
We have a fast-paced work environment where safety and accuracy are foremost. We regularly make changes and developments to keep improving our pharmacy and support processes. We are looking for someone who wants to join in with that change and to celebrate successful results together.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a UK Dispensing Qualification (NVQ Level 2 dispensary assistant qualification or NVQ Level 3 dispensing technician) - please provide details of your qualification
- 2+ year experience in English community pharmacy dispensing NHS prescriptions
- Good understanding of NHS prescription systems
- Is willing to work shift patterns including weekends
- Is a fluent English speaker
- Superb organisational skills and an ability to expertly juggle and prioritise several tasks at the same time
- A can-do attitude: you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- An appreciation for the importance of respect and confidentiality in healthcare
- Has exceptional communication skills: verbal and written
- Is willing to undergo a full DBS check.
- Highly competitive package
- Weekly fruit basket and healthy snacks
- Monthly team socials